The European Network of Japanese Philosophy (ENOJP) is pleased to announce the establishment of an annual Award for Excellence in Japanese Philosophy. Beginning in 2023, the Award will be presented to an outstanding book in the field of Japanese philosophy, including works by younger scholars.
The Award includes an honorarium of €3,000, to be presented each year at the annual meeting of the ENOJP. In case of the absence of the awardee, the honorarium will be paid within ten days of the close of the annual meeting.
- Submitted books should be printed monographs published within the past five years in one of the following languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Romanian, or Spanish. Edited collections are excluded, but translations with commentary are acceptable.
- Submissions may deal with any aspect of Japanese philosophy, modern or premodern.
- Two hard copies of works submitted for consideration should be sent to the address of President of the ENOJP, listed below, to arrive no later than 1 September 2022. Anything arriving after that date will automatically be transferred to the following year for consideration. Submitted materials will not be returned.
- Submission may be made by publishers or third parties. They should be accompanied by a brief resume of the contents (less than 1,000 words) composed by the author.
- A work may be submitted more than once, provided it falls within the five-year period indicated above.
The President of the ENOJP will appoint an evaluation committee based on the content and language of the submission. The Award will be announced by the end of the calendar year.
Mail submissions to:
Prof. Raquel Bouso
Universitat Pompeu Fabra
Ramon Trias Fargas 25–27
Email contact: firstname.lastname@example.org